Rila Monastery – it is the largest cultural center in Bulgaria – 5th floors and four of them visible. Located in northwestern Rila Mountains, 117 km from Sofia, 1,147 meters above sea level.
-Meeting the clients at the hotel and departure by SUV at 8.30.
-Traveling on the route Sofia-Plana:
Climbing Mountain Plan with off-road program. Stop for tea and coffee with an amazing view of Sofia, Iskar Dam and Rila Mountains.
-Continue the route to go down as the Iskar Dam. Possibility to stop the Iskar Dam
-We have lunch close to Rila Monastery in the Rila River Restaurant or the Bird’s Nest close to Iskar dam, there is opportunity for a picnic in the mountains (on request)
– We reach Rila Monastery by asphalt road
– Walk in Rila Monastery: the largest monastery in Bulgaria. The ensemble of the monastery covers an area of 8800 square meters, including 5500 square meters building
area in Rila Monastery keep manuscripts, books, documents ot14 century – 19th century, and the museum – many antiques and church plate, rods, icons, weapons, coin collection, etc.. Since 1983 Rila Monastery is under the auspices of UNESCO
-We reach resort of Bansko by asphalt road.
-Accommodation in 3 * hotel Molerite known for its traditional cuisine of 1792. around 18:00
-Free-time opportunity to see the local sights before dinner
-20.30 Dinner in traditional Bansko style with live music and lots of fun.
-Travel with the jeeps to the foot of Mt Chalet in Dobrinishte
-Walk to the foot of the Peak Chalet 2,645 m to the local lodge which is located next to the alpine lake.
-Break for tea, coffee, possibility of a walk to the Peak Chalet (about 1 hour in both directions)
– We take the cable car down and ride with the jeeps to the Dancing Bears Park in Belitsa.
-Viewing Park, and bears.
– Lunch in a restaurant near the Dancing Bear Reserve or a picnic in the mountains.
-Travel-in-Belmeken area at over 2000 altitude, located between the Rila and Rhodope mountains – possibility for off-road route.
-Return to Sofia through the Rila mountain resort. Borovets.
-Arrival in Sofia, about 19.00:19.30
Price: 230 euro/person *
– Jeep and fuel for the route, parking
-Communication between jeeps
-overnight with dinner and breakfast in Bansko
-one travel by cable car
* Minimum number of participants : 4 people per jeep or a minimum of 3 people in a car for more than 1 jeep.
Check the other jeep trips we offer:
– Seven Lakes-day trip
– Rila Monastery-day trip
-7 Rila Lakes-day trip